Thursday, January 24, 2008

While Heath Ledger's death is shocking, I find the world's indifference to what really matters more so.

==========

If you've seen the movie Armageddon, I know you can clearly remember the 'animal cracker' scene. Grace and AJ lying on the grass one afternoon, canoodling under the tree, where AJ (Ben Affleck) asks Grace (Liv Tyler)

Do you think that anyone else is doing this same exact thing this very moment?

Is it really possible to have another person on the other side of the world doing exactly what I'm doing? Nagtatype, nagb-blog, iniisip ang movie na Armageddon at nag-iisip pa ng ibang pwedeng gawin.

Another one of my 'wala lang' moments.

==========

I agree with Maya Angelou when she said that without courage, you can't practice anything consistently. Oo nga naman. Paano ako magiging consistent pumasok ng opisina kung araw-araw akong takot akong lumabas ng bahay at humarap sa tao?

I want to see the world the way she does. I want to have her compassion and brevity and how she remains down-to-earth despite (or because of?) her success.

One day, I will see this world as it is, not just how I see myself in it. I will know why the caged bird sings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home