Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bits and Pieces of January 12-18, 2008

I ended the week last Saturday, January 12, spending my time with my niece and nephew (Dea and Bleu). They saw this old bookmark that I made when I was in high school and they wanted to make their own...so I cut out an old folder and let them use my colored pens (which I've been keeping for so long now). They enjoyed it so much that after finishing their bookmarks, they kept on asking me every hour if the glitter glue has dried. Ang cute nila no? I want to be their favorite tita.


==============

I thought of a nice shoutout for Friendster (pati pala yun pinag-iisipan ko na rin??): Remembering the good. So I digged into my old stuff from Grade School and High School and here's what I found:

My notebook in Japanese class. Hehehehe. And that's my name written in Japanese characters...how I wish I can remember all my lessons from Sensei Garang.


I was in High School when I made these...I know, i know. I am sooo poor in drawing so probably it's not my calling. Hahaha.


Grade school yearbook! Taken 1998. Look at how old I looked. Haha. AND I wanted to be a writer then because I was inspired by Elizabeth Wakefield (seriously). Ganyan ka-lawak ang alam ko sa literature nung Grade School that I wanted to be like Francine Pascal. Sa mga lit freaks nung Grade School, saludo ako sa inyo. Hihi.

==============

I found this reallllyy nice website: www.bighugelabs.com where you can make these:




If you visit me in the office, not on the phone, not typing anything and just vigorously moving my mouse, this is what I'm busy with :D Make your own and share with your friends!! Pwede mo pang ipaprint or ipamigay. It can make for a cheap but very personalized gift.

==============

I am rekindling my love affair with reading...I want to finish Joel Osteen's Become A Better You by next week so I can start with Why Good Things Happen To Good People. June got this for a bargain in A Different Bookstore here in Eastwood, buti na lang sale, he bought it for just 800+, original price is 1000+. Whoopdedoo.

If I can recommend one book that I haven't read, it would be TIPPING POINT by Malcolm Gladwell. I tried his BLINK book (salamat sa mababait kong opism8s), it was so good I didn't want to finish it. :D

==============

I still don't understand the fuss on Hollywood celebrities. Kahit nagpapa-gas hinahabol pa rin ng paparazzi?

=================

A big thing that I realized this week: Often, you become friends with people you agree with. Does not apply all the time, but I see this in most of mine.

================

Yun lang. See ya ulit sa next blog. :D



1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    More photo fun @ http://www.FotoTrix.com (over 1,000 templates). Put your face on another person's body, make fake magazine covers, scrapbooks, foto mash-ups, postcards, comics, wordart, frames/borders, etc (many novelty layouts)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home