Friday, September 21, 2007

Because I Get High: Why I Love The Gym

I prayed before I signed up for a 1 year membership with Fitness First. So far, so good.

I've been a member of Fitness First for over a month. I go there 5-6 days a week. And I made a list of my reasons why I do.

1. I sweat. I don't sweat in the office. Staying a very cold place, with only my hands moving (kapag nagta-type) and literally burning calories is why I gained weight since my payatot days in college - payatot meaning 80+ lbs.

2. I'm challenged. Ang bigat pala talaga magbuhat. Me and my officemate Raymond got our trainer so our workouts are according to what our goals are. In short, we paid a muscled man to torture us almost every night. Haha! Just joking. Mahirap talaga magbuhat ng weights...as in! But I never thought I'd enjoy it this much...kapag nakakatapos ako ng isang round. May fulfillment. = )

3. I get starstruck. Maraming artista. At dahil isa akong full-blooded Pinay, meaning, natutuwa pa rin akong makakita ng artista kahit anong gawin kong pagpapanggap. I don't watch TV from Monday to Friday but I can name that star in 2 notes!

4. I see results. The reason really why I started going to the gym is to remove the fats from my legs. I have very fat legs if you haven't noticed. At yun ang nilagay kong goal dun sa parang application form ng Fitness First. Seryoso ito. I am so glad that for the past month that I've been working out, I see changes in my shape. Hindi pa naman ako kasing-katawan ni Jessica Alba, but I hope I can get there soon! Hahahah.

5. I have no more dysmenorrhea, and therefore,

6. I feel healthier. Dahil na rin sa cardio exercises. My heart and blood beats and circulates faster.

7. I feel happier. To add to the joy that Jesus brings in my life. I once read that regular exercise produces 'happy hormones'.

8. I'm stronger. Less hingal after a long walk.

9. I LOVE THE CLASSES. There's something about a big group of people moving together, feeling the same energy and grooving to one music. Sabi nga ni Madonna, get into the groove...

10. I get to dance. Another yehey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home