Sunday, March 27, 2005

Wala Kang Kasing-Tamad

My mother's famous words - words she has been uttering for about 10 years, starting from the day I learned how to wash the dishes.

'Pagdating sa hugasan ng pinggan, OUT ako dyan.' Yan naman ang motto ko nung bata pa ko. At isinabuhay ko yan sa pamamagitan ng mabilis na pag-ubos ng pagkain para makatakas sa malupit (para sa akin) na parusang itoh!

(Note: This is not for those with a weak stomach)
Noon pa man, nae-exercise ko na ang aking telepathic at acting skills sa pamamagitan ng pag-utos sa mga internal organs ko na mag-alburuto para sumakit ang tiyan ko agad at dumeretso na ko sa CR, with matching kunot ng noo at kagat ng forefinger. Nyahaha. That's how evil I was. *hisses*

But, what the hey, I'm 19. And from school, I have learned to kick my foot to a wall in frustration, sweat and smell like dirt, stay awake for 24 hours and see the unexplicable beauty of the rising sun, lie and grace the beautiful earth with stampedes I alone can create - in short, I have learned to WORK.

That is why tomorrow, my first official day at work, I MUST (take note, the word MUST is not equated with 'WANT to') put all my heart into the tasks that will be assigned to us. We were told to wear our un-best clothes and shoes because at 9am, Pier 18 - ang pier kung saan pinapadala ang mga cargoes ng hindi ko alam kung sino para sa mga taong hindi ko rin kilala, will be the witness to our newfoundglory. Wahaha!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home